Monday 12 August 2013

Lovebox - A soundclash of European Music



At last! My Letter of Admission from Heidelberg arrived this week. Now my plans for next year are set in motion, I aim to enjoy the summer with my nearest and dearest before leaving for Heidelberg.
Yesterday I attended Lovebox, a music festival in Victoria Park, London. The festival is a mash-up of the latest trends in fashion, art and most importantly music that the capital has to offer. Its slogan – ‘Heart, soul, rock and roll’ reflects the diverse crowds Lovebox attracts and the positive vibes that everyone from its artists to ravers enjoys. 

My sister and I went to our third Lovebox this summer and the line-up didn’t disappoint. The best act was Rudimental who got the crowd jumping in the sunshine and singing along to their trumpet playing. 

There was also a massive display of electronic dance acts this year which featured Duke Dumont and Disclosure. Even Azealia Banks who graced the crowd in a lime green bodysuit and neon pink megaphone had a set inspired by the German electronic dance scene, most evident in her song ‘Bambi’. 

I’m still waiting to find out if I have been successful in gaining a room in the university-run student halls. Although there are alternatives, being offered a room in the student halls is more convenient. Private rents in Germany vary, starting at a reasonable €200pcm and peaking at an eye-watering €500pcm. 

In the meantime, I’ve joined the University’s Facebook page for incoming international students. If you’re going on a year abroad, joining the university’s official Facebook group is an easy way to keep up to date with important developments and get a fast response to any questions you may have. I’ll keep you posted!

No comments:

Post a Comment